Burleson Burn Injury Attorneys
More than 50 Years Serving Johnson County & Greater Fort Worth
Have you suffered a severe burn injury? Do you think someone else’s negligence may have been the cause? You need to start exploring your legal options if you want to be compensated for your treatment costs, as well as your pain and suffering. The Burleson burn injury lawyers at Coontz Cochran can help you by providing trusted legal counsel.
Sources of Burn Injuries
To begin your claim, you will need to be able to create a clear picture of what happened to you. This entails knowing the exact source of your injury and how that source was controlled by another party. If this can be established, you have a reason to point liability at the negligent party.
Common sources of burn injuries include:
- Open flames
- Hot surfaces
In many cases, the harm is caused because someone has not followed proper safety protocols. If you were burned while visiting a retail location or by a defective product, try to get copies of safety instructions or training manuals to further bolster your claims. Our Burleson burn injury lawyers can help you review these materials to see if the liable party had been blatantly ignoring acceptable safety measures.
Degrees of Burn Injuries
Your claim also revolves around how badly you were burned and how much compensation would be necessary to fully treat or remedy your burn injury. Some burns require out-patient procedures, while others need extensive rehabilitation that lasts for weeks or years after hospitalization. In order to know how much compensation you need, it can be helpful to know the details behind your injury.
The degrees of burn injuries are:
- First: Mild pain with reddened skin; treated with ice, painkillers, and other home remedies
- Second: Strong pain with whitened, dried skin; requires medical attention to prevent infection
- Third: Excruciating and lingering pain with blackened or blistering skin and soft tissue damage; requires immediate medical attention, hospitalization, and rehabilitation; skin grafts may be advised
- Fourth: Total destruction of the burned portion of the body down to the bone, which may become brittle; emergency medical attention is required as well as surgery or amputation; patient may not be expected to ever fully recover from burn
- Fifth and sixth: Burn injuries cover entire body and run deep; not considered survivable
We Get Right to Work On Your Case
When you retain the services of our Burleson personal injury attorneys, you can rest easy knowing that a dedicated and tenacious team is handling your burn injury claim. We do not like delays of any kind, so we move forward with precision and drive in pursuit of gaining maximum compensation on your behalf. Contact our highly rated legal professionals or review some of our recent case settlements to learn more about our law firm.
Call (888) 858-0536 now to get started on your case.